Highlights - Consumer Protection (Ecommerce) Rules 2020
If your organization is selling products or services online (Your branded E-Store or Market Place (e.g. AMAZON, FLIPKART etc), this information is very important for you.
Highlights of Notification dated July 23rd, 2020 by MINISTRY OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS, FOOD AND PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION(Department of Consumer Affairs)
· These rules may be called the Consumer Protection (E-Commerce) Rules, 2020
· They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette
· Ecommerce entities are required to publish contact details like e-mail address, fax, landline and mobile numbers of customer care as well as of the grievance officer.
· Every e-commerce entity shall establish an adequate grievance redressal mechanism having regard to the number of grievances ordinarily received by such entity from India, and shall appoint a grievance officer for consumer grievance redressal, and shall display the name, contact details, and designation of such officer on its platform
· Ticket number for each complaint lodged through which the consumer can track the status of the complaint.
As a consumer focussed brand, you can use the services of a professional outsourcing company that understands the complexities of ecommerce customer care
We at Kankei(www.kankei.com) can set up & manage customer service for your online buyers. Our trained teams with subject matter experts can interact with your customers on phone, email and WhatsApp
We can also manage your social media escalations related to customer service
Typically, some of the specific issues that an online brand or seller would face typically are:
1. Inquiries for order status
2. Inquiries for order tracking
3. Inquiries for returns process
4. Coordination of pickup of goods to be returned
5. Handling issues relating to defective on arrival (DOA) or damaged on arrival
6. Refund and cancellations related inquiries
7. Bundled product delivery
8. Bundled services like warranty activation
9. Post sales services for products that are not functioning within the warranty period
Kankei can manage your customer service on a 24 x 7 basis as your outsourcing partner
Do visit www.kankei.com for more information
Or write to firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation today!
We have been in business since 1998 and are a specialist consumer services company